madfoodscientist

Friday, June 09, 2006

Feeling weird

This might not be a good thing to post but I really want to share my feelings. I became a christian on the 7th of Feb 2006. I've been reading my friends blogs lately. Today i read Anna's blog, Anna is someone who was in the same Christianity explored group as me. She became a Christian maybe a week after me or something like that. (I hope you don't mind me talking about you Anna). Reading her blog I got to see how much God is doing in her life and how happy she is and how much she has grown in God. I'm so happy for her :) but it also makes me realise that my path, or whatever you want to call it, is so different compared to hers (not that I should compare but..). I feel as if I'm not doing enough, I'm not involved enough or just not being christian enough. It's a stupid thing to say isn't it but that's how I feel sometimes. I know that the Lord loves me, no matter what and that His Grace is amazing but I still can't help the way i'm feeling.
Now that i'm going home tomorrow, I won't have my great Christian friends to help me and to guide me, and that's scary. I guess i'll always have someone I can talk to, i'll just have to phone but it won't be the same as just popping into Ceryn's room for a 30 mins chat.
I'm sorry if this post doesn't make much sense, i didn't plan what I just wrote, I just wrote it as it came to mind so it's a bit all over the place.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Issy, give everything that you are feeling to God.

He knows you better than anyone else and wants to take these feelings of insecurity and inadequacy away from you. They are of no use to you and are only holding you back from the joy and peace that God wants to fill you with. Thankyou for being so honest and feel free to email me anytime hun.

You are in my prayers! xXxXXx

1:46 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hey Issy :) As well as echoing what Anna said... I think we all have times when we think we're not being 'Christian' enough... but that's what amazing about God's grace - it's not what WE do, but it's ALL about Jesus. And what a good thing that is!

Just keep going, keep trusting in God and everything WILL be ok. We all have these times... it's part of the road, the ups and the downs.

x

8:47 AM  
Blogger Issy said...

Thanks so much to the both of you. I do feel much better today and it might be just a thing i need to get through. I need to keep focusing on Jesus and not on what I do:)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Amen to that my lovely!
Xxx

3:42 PM  
Blogger thebluefish said...

Grace means everything is done. Enjoy! AMEN!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home